Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Karate Tournament

Cory had a karate tournament today in Inman. It was quite small to say the least but it was good for Cory to get back into the swing of things with karate. He's been off of doing karate for at least 2-3 weeks due to some miscommunitcation with the black belt test. Oh well. So anyways Cory got first in Wegiht pull, first in team forms, and first in regular forms. He did very well. I really cant wait til I can do my first tournament... that should be in March sometime. that will be scary but exciting all at the same time. Oh well. This morning my mom emailed me saying my cousin who lives in Florida her father passed away in his sleep last night. I feel so bad for her and her family... I know exactly what they are going through. You never know when your parents are gone and you dont have them here for support... Its tough. This just makes me think back on all the good times I had with my dad. He was a very wonderful dad. I may not have shown it all the time but I really loved him. Sometimes he wouldnt have to say anything but I knew he cared and listened and tried his best. There was this one time i remember my mom flew out to California to visit/help my grandma after knee surgery and my dad and i were running the house on our own. He would always just go about the day to say activities and he really was there for me day in and day out. When he passed away on june 4th 2008 i thought i couldnt go through with getting married beause he was supposed to walk me down the isle, and I know deep down he was wanting to see his daughter get married. But God had other plans for him. He took him away from us all for some unknown reason. Cory's and my wedding day was very hard because I knew Dad should have been there.... but he was there in spirit. There is one picture i'll post on here if i can find it... But if you look closly at it behind me you can see an outline of something... we are not sure if its just the smoke from the candle or what but looking closly at it you can kinda see an outline for a jacket... like a mens' sport jacket. I really believe its my dad. Be as it may... I believe he was there with us all at our wedding. There's just certain things that Cory and I do individually that really remind me of him. For instance Cory's favorite cereal is Frosted Flakes and that was my dad's. Just small things just make me smile sometimes. I just really really miss my dad and will always miss him. Days are getting easier but I still think of him all the time. Okay sorry i'll stop rambling and hopefully change our background on this blog to something more manly because I dont think Cory likes' the flowers! Oh well! Hope everyone is enjoying 2009.

No comments: